Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Safeway shopping experience!

Theresa and I went to the NEW Safeway yesterday after the gym. When you walk in you get an immediate feel of AJ's. The lights are dim and the floral section greets you with beautiful flowers everywhere. The produce dept. has hard wood floors so the new carts glide beautifully on the floors. They have a butcher department and a bakery, a new thing for us in Laveen. Of course, as comes standard at every Safeway, the people are so nice and helpful. They had a little game set up for all their new customers. It was a bean bag toss and Theresa and I both won a free bag of groceries! I do agree that the prices are higher but it was a lovely experience and we will be back....soon, because I think I'm out of juice! :)

5 comments:

Pam said...

You should get some money from Safeway for all the advertising you do. I have to say, though, if there was one near me, I would do most of my shopping there. Maybe we need to move to Laveen...

Amy said...

That's a great idea, do it! :)

Cristina said...

So, did you have a Starbucks???

Jen said...

YEAH for the opening...and for the free groceries, how fun! :)

Amy said...

Yes I did. Cristina, I give you a week to try it out. Come on, put down the hater-ade and go. :)