Friday, October 24, 2008

More funny moments...

Trey is really into Halloween this year and likes to talk about it a lot. So he asks me what I'm going to be and I said I think I'll just be a mommy. He didn't like that answer because I am already a mommy. So I asked him what he thought I should be and he said a dancer. Dancer, huh? Interesting. So I asked him what kind of dancer and he said "I don't know, just a dancer." Hmmm, probably not Trey but good suggestion!:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I was unloading the dishwasher and had all the clean dishes on the counter to put away. At that point I had to walk away for some reason and when I came back several minutes later something interesting greeted me. One of the glasses had some yellow substance in it so I picked it up to smell it and noticed it was warm...clearly not lemonade. So I asked Trey and he said "oh, I pee peed in it." Just like that. Very matter-of-factly which was the funniest part. I knew when I had him do that a while back because there was NO bathroom in sight and he desperately had to go that someday it would come back to bite me. That day has arrived. Oh boys.........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were in the check out at Safeway (!) and Trey says really loud "MOMMY, CAN I HAVE A BABY IN MY TUMMY?" Well, as you can imagine there was laughter all around and suddenly I felt that the check out lane got more narrow and I had a spot light shining on me. I quietly replied no. He responded, in the 3 year old way that they do because they don't have social filters yet, "WHY NOT? WHY CAN I NOT HAVE A BABY IN MY TUMMY? I REALLY, REALLY WANT ONE!" At least he didn't ask if someone else had a baby in their tummy or why I didn't have one. I suppose coming from a little guy it's more cutesie than embarrassing. I was still embarrassed. :)

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Maybe you should dress up as a dancer for Kenny........;)

Filleman Family said...

are we really gonna go there on the internet again ladies . . . :)

Amy said...

I can take it :)

Anonymous said...

You just made me laugh out loud with the pee in the cup story! It came back to bite you. :)