...trying to be more intentional with my alone time with Trey. These times are few and far between but I find myself wanting to do what's easy like putting on a show for him or playing with something where I can lay down (hey, I'm just being honest here!) I ran across this book that someone gave me called "Quiet Times with Active Preschoolers" by Denise Williamson. I have had it sitting on the bookshelf but I thought I'd take a look at the author's ideas. What I found was a breath of fresh air! I was afraid to open it since somehow these things intimidate me and I start feeing inadequate to teach my kids about Jesus and His gospel. The ideas are so simple and use household items. One example is called "Built on a Rock". You use wooden or plastic blocks, a pillow, and your Bible. You build two towers of blocks, one on a hard ground surface and another on a pillow. As you watch the tower on the pillow topple over because it's foundation is unstable, you can share the verse from Luke 6:48 that says "He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock." How easy is that? So easy and even better is that it uses things that the kids play with everyday. I can't wait to start some of these activities. I pray that it would help to put Jesus in front of them in the common day-to-day things that we do and that God's word would be on my boys' little hearts so that it can be truth for them some day! If you're interested in getting your own copy I found them used on amazon.com for 1 penny! Wow! Here's the link.
Nutrient-Dense High-Calorie Shake
7 years ago
5 comments:
That book sounds great. Thanks for sharing. One penny...wow!
ooh, I love it! Thanks for the recommendation- I think it will be great, especially for the more 'busy' of my two little guys.
What a great idea, sis. Thanks!
I think this is exactly what I need, thank you so much!!!
Thanks for sharing! This sounds great... I hope shipping is one penny too! what is the likeliness of that??? Shall we do a mass order????
Post a Comment