Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary, honey!


Today marks the 8th year of marriage to my wonderful husband. We met at Phoenix College in 1995 when I was a freshman and he was a sophomore. I saw him for the first time walking around campus and asked a mutual friend what his name was. Some time later I saw him in the library and when he approached me I got too nervous and fumbled over my words. Later I realized that I better do something to redeem myself so I wrote down my name and phone number and walked up to HIM to hand it to him. I think he thought this was kinda weird but obviously not weird enough because he called me 2 days later. We were married in 2000 and began following Jesus the next year (almost simultaneously!!!). I am thankful for how powerfully God has worked in both of our lives and recognize that it is only by His grace that we can celebrate today. I love you so much, shmoop!
(Sorry about the picture quality, I never knew how hard it was to take a picture of a picture!)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So that's why you were looking at our wedding photos last night.

Happy Anniversary babe!

Jason and Lisa said...

Happy anniversary! :)

Karla said...

I really enjoyed reading this. I love your story, especially the part about both of you getting saved after getting married. God is good!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I love the picture. Have fun celebrating.

Ben and Melissa James said...

Happy Anniversary! I'd love to hear the whole story sometime. I'd also love to look at your photo album too!

Theresa said...

So sweet to see how God has changed you both by His grace! So funny that YOU gave HIM your number-something this sister NEVER would have had the guts to do! :)

Amy said...

Hey, you gotta strike the iron while it's hot!

Cristina said...

Congratulations again! great photo... I love looking at it as I pass down your hall way... which reminds me I have not been to your house in a LONG time!!!! Maybe I'll bring some ELK one of these days ;o)