Thursday, October 23, 2008

The beginnings of the season




I was thinking yesterday, as the boys and I were carving pumpkins (early, but they were starting to get bad and anyway Trey was super excited to do it since we got the pumpkins 3 weeks ago) that I guess carving pumpkins kind of starts the official beginning of the fall season in our house. It was a lot of fun and a tradition that has already started with Trey and for Tyson...well, maybe next year. Tyson kept saying "mommy, scary". I think what he meant was he didn't like all the goop inside of the pumpkin (he's quite the texture kid). Trey named his pumpkin (w/stars) Simon and I named Tyson's Jack (I know, really creative). Anyway, I just love this season.

2 comments:

Jen said...

How fun! I opted out of doing it this year...too much work for me! Maybe in a couple years. ;)

I love the background, very fallish! :)

Heidi Marie said...

I love the pumpkin's!! Tyson's pumpkin's eyes are very scared looking...they are huge. I love fall too. It just doesn't feel like fall around here!!