
Ok, the post title is meant to be hummed in an angelic, sitting in a catholic church kind of way because....our neighborhood SAFEWAY IS OPENING! The grand opening is October 24th and Kenny and I were laughing that we are going to go to the pre-opening party that's happening the day before. Should we bring pom poms and cow horns? Why are we so excited? Oh, because we have lived here for 5 years and they have had the "Safeway is coming" sign since we moved out here. The only other grocery store is Fry's and we are not huge fans of it so this is so exciting for us. Hey, I guess you have to appreciate the small things in life, right? :) And to top it off there is a Starbucks inside. The only other thing that would make this whole thing perfect is if the carts have cup holders. Am I asking too much? lol.
11 comments:
Oh, there will be cupholders, my friend... There will be cupholders.
I LOVE Safeway...and Starbucks!! I'm very happy for you...I know what it is like to have limited grocery (and coffee) options.
Yes there are cupholders, but you are paying for them included in the price of your groceries. It is a very nice and clean store, but you will notice the significant increase in your food bill each month. I appreciated the fru-fru too until I was going broke. Now I am a Fry's shopper! Enjoy the convenience...
It's something we are willing to do to have quality over....whatever it is you call what you get at Fry's.
Every time I shop at Frys, even if I just run in to get one thing, I leave with a tension headache. There is NO logic to the way they design their stores. "Hmm, where would I find parmesean cheese...surely NOT by the Spaghetti sauce or the cheese, that would make way too much sense!"
Sadly I have to agree with Mary, I think it is more expensive.:( I think it will be nice to have an option, and maybe at Safeway I won't have to listen to the checkers complain about how many hours they have until their next break.....that place is so ghetto. AND it might kind of have an "AJ feel" to it so I can pretend, if it's designed like the new ones...okay, it is the little things that excite us in Laveen!
Jenna, you are so funny. I agree with you...I find myself walking in circles. 6 1/2 days and counting....
Oh - you're all too funny! Amy - why don't you wish that in addition to the cupholders they put a playland like they have at Basha's and IKEA!
Personally, I don't care for ANY of the large stores... last time I visited one of them (Safeway, ahem) I vowed not to return. Bring us Trader Joes and Laveen would be heaven (except for the flies and the nightly "whif" of course!
We drove by last night after dinner and the store was lit up so we could see inside. It has a dimmer lighting to it like AJ's and they have outside seating with chairs and umbrellas - just like AJ's. Ya still don't want to shop there? :) I guess Kenny and I are suckers for fru-fru.
funny what you get excited about these days??? Ahh the life of a mom!!
One of the best things in my life came from Safeway. That is were I met Ann!
Post a Comment