Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My 30 week OB check up

Well, here we are - at 30 weeks. I might start to sound redundant but man, how time flies. I can't believe I am already in the homestretch. My body knows it but my mind doesn't :). Today's appointment went well. The baby's heart rate is good and she measures on target. I always dread the part when my OB says "do you have any questions?" because I am thinking yes, but I don't want to ask. Well, I just had to know about what she will use to stitch me up after the c-section because I have just heard from two women in the past week who had staples that they weren't happy with their scar. My other two surgeries have been closed with internal sutures and dermabond. This OB likes the same stuff. Phew - what a relief! We also talked about the big birth day. She really wants to do my surgery (sweet, huh?) so we talked about moving the date up by a few days so that she can assure she won't be out of town. I know doctors get a bad rep for scheduling surgery to fit their schedules, but I truly trust my doctor and know that she genuinely wants to be the one to deliver and not her partner or whomever is on call at the hospital. God already knows her birth date so it's hard for me to even say with any type of surety what it will be. However, if God wants her here on the surgery day then it will be June 24th or 26th. I am really looking forward to meeting my daughter and I know a certain auntie who is really looking forward to her hair (which she has named "her puffballs").

5 comments:

Katie said...

MMMHMMM! Come on out puffballs! Oh weeeelll! I could have a scoon fit just thinking about her! (your friends know about this, right?) I'm so glad Dr. Rau will do everything to deliver! Man this is coming fast!

Jason and Lisa said...

I was given the 24th and 26th for due dates with Eli...too funny. She'll come in God's perfect timing.

Amy said...

well, Kate, if they didn't now they will :).

Kristy... said...

Hi!
I found your blog doing a search about when you start going to the O.B every two weeks and I came across your 26 week post! :)
I am almost 26 weeks and I am pregnant with my 4th and we are also having a girl.. I just thought I would pop in and say that I will be comming back. yOU have a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

30 weeks already! I would say time is going by really fast...I cannot believe this baby girl will be here by the end of June...awesome! We are so excited! Hugh is excited to meet his future wife :)!