Monday, April 6, 2009

An answer to prayer!

I posted last week that Tyson had a very hard time at swim lessons. Well, today he did great! He cried for the first minute and by the end he was smiling! What a relief for this momma!

And an answer to prayer for Trey...
We have had discipline boot camp around here. I have to admit that it is very exhausting. I rely on my flesh far too often to get through these days and then God gently reminds me that it won't work and I find myself on my knees, sometimes literally, asking Him for help again. He is always gracious to grant it to me. Well, today I had to ask for forgiveness from Trey about something. He forgave me and then immediately said "and will you forgive me because I didn't talk to you very kindly." My first thought was THANK YOU JESUS. Just when I could not see any fruit he says something like this. Now I can keep going....:)

5 comments:

...Harry Happenings... said...

It's so great for our children to hear us say we are sorry and being able to admit it to them. I know my parents never did and it makes me want to be more aware of these times to humble myself and admit when I am wrong. It shows them it's okay to not have it all together but to look to Jesus to fulfill their needs! Good for you, Amy! Keep it up! Consistency is key!

Theresa said...

Very encouraging for sure! It just goes to show, too, how our confession of sin can lead others to see theirs as well--not that that is our motive in asking forgiveness! God is so good!

Cristina said...

Praise God!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear Tyson had a better day at swim lessons. Also, good to see God working in Trey's little heart and in your heart as well. It is very encouraging to me since I am a new mom. Thanks for being such a good mom, always loving the Lord and your boys - great encouragement to me.

Anonymous said...

Wow! How precious to hear that from Trey and what a gift that is from God to spur you on in doing what is hard and easy to ignore!