Sunday, April 26, 2009

Trey at almost 4 1/2 years old

Time has really flown by - words that I know any mother can utter. It is amazing to me how Trey has grown up so fast and sometimes it makes me a little sad. In trying to make decisions about school, I find myself wanting to hold on to him and not let him go (out of fear I think). I have to trust in God that He will guide us through every step and that ultimately, God is sovereign and His will will be done. Thank you for that peace Lord! So, as mentioned in a previous post we have buckled down on some training things and, praise God, I have really seen fruit from that in the last few weeks. It was a very long and tiring 3 weeks to see fruit, but it is there slowly but surely and I am so grateful and God is faithful to answer prayers. He is just cracking me up with his imagination and one thing he loves to do is put his "safari" get up on and go hunting for dinosaurs. So, here he is - fighting the fiercest of creatures. Man, he is SO brave :). We also are, sadly (for me), transitioning out of naps...or at least fewer naps during the week. I have to be creative with this so that I can rest. Well, my idea for him to rest on the couch with me (which means I sleep and he stares at the wall) resulted in him falling asleep sitting up. I mean, when you're hunting for dinosaurs, one can only go for so long before one crashes. :) I love you honey boy!!!


2 comments:

Theresa said...

Really cute picture of Trey! This time, Michael's response was, "Trey's teeth are nice and shiny.":)

Anonymous said...

Trey did such a great job last night in Sunday school. Maybe the fruit of your labor and God's blessing on your diligence in training him. He was a real blessing to Jeff and me!