Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My 26 week OB check up

First, I must start by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVIE! The Johnson's welcomed a precious baby girl into the world today. I hear she looks like a Johnson, shocker! Melissa was a labor champ of course and Evie is doing well at 7 lbs. 14 oz. Can't wait to meet you baby girl!

Today was my check up. I was thinking this morning that I am almost into the weeks that start with a "3". It is really going by fast. I had my glucose tolerance test this morning (should you really ask a pregnant lady to fast?). The baby's heart beat was healthy, she measured on target and she is moving a lot - all good signs of a healthy baby! I now begin having appointments every 2 weeks - another reminder of how fast things are going. Kenny and I also opted to hold out on the c-section as long as my body can keep her in. At this point, if I make it, her birthday will be June 30th. We are very thankful that God is growing this baby and keeping her and myself healthy. I'm not sure who's more excited to meet her, me or Trey. He is going to be such a good big brother!! :)

6 comments:

Filleman Family said...

Wow - every two weeks at 26 weeks!! I think i would have lost my mind going that often - or maybe it is good b/c you get reassurance often! My doc doesn't start you every two weeks until you are 32 wks.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well. I agree with Michelle...every two weeks! I never did the every two weeks...didn't start going every week until 36. Again, I just found out my doctor is in his 70s!

Pam said...

Yeah, in my first two pregnancies I don't think I started going every two weeks until much later (with Isaiah, of course, I saw the doctor every day...or rather, the docor saw me).

Glad things are going well!!! I'm very excited for you!!!

Amy said...

Yeah, I thought this seemed soon.

Jason and Lisa said...

My doctor sends his patients at 28 weeks (which is standard for everyone...obviously more sooner if there is some reason). Interesting, how every doc is different. Even the foods we are told to avoid, etc. are different. Anyways, thankful for another good check-up and that Brooklyn is doing well.

Jen said...

June 30th is Emi's birthday, that'd be very cool!!! :)