We have been going to Hubbard Family Swim School since Trey was 6 mos. old My sister Katie works there and it is an excellent program, one that I believe in and can testify that it works. Well, we took a 6 month break and then decided we would give Tyson a refresher for a few months until Summer. Trey is basically water safe so we opted to keep him out of lessons. Today was Tyson's first class without me. My next sentence should be...and he did great! Um, yeah not the case. He cried HARD for 30 mins. It was brutal to watch and probably brutal for him to go through but I know it will be better next time. And if the result is a child who can save himself if he were to fall in the water, than all the crying and mommy mental anguish is worth it!!! Here are some pics of the not-such-a-fan Tyson:

Before he knew what was coming

Trey watching and trying to be an encouragement

Trey got to sit pool side with Aunt Katie which was a special treat - he wanted to be in the pool SO bad!

back floating

Almost done...
3 comments:
Oh, I am sorry he didn't "do great". I am sure it was tough to watch; however, I agree - the crying is worth it if he can be safe in water. You'll have to tell me about the swim program.
Ugh - babies sad in the water actually makes me sick to my stomach. Stay strong momma - you know it is good for them - I just hate it. It's too bad K isn't his teacher.
I'm SO glad I don't have to be there to watch him cry--that would KILL this auntie; I'd probably run and rescue him! :) Love that sweet boy.
Post a Comment