Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My 22 week OB check up

Today I am 22 weeks and 2 days. Everything is going really well, praise the Lord. The baby's heartbeat is strong and in the 150's where it has remained. My AFP test came back and everything was normal (test for Down's and neural tube defects). We talked about routine things however I did get up the courage to ask about scheduling. I laugh thinking about the conversation I had with Melissa about asking my Dr. this. But, she didn't perceive me as a freak planner and said that she will check me at 36 and 37 weeks and probably due the C-section on June 23rd (at 38 weeks). My thing also was about the time. My neighbor has the horrible time of 5 p.m. for her c-section coming up for which you have to fast for! So, much to my delight my Dr. said she wouldn't do that to me :) b/c of the fasting thing and that I would probably have to be in the hospital to check in at 6 a.m. and then surgery would be at 8:30. I know, you are all thinking this is very far away. Not too far away for me to start thinking about it obviously and now I have that off my checklist :). All in all, it was a very routine check up with no big news. I am excited to have a tentative birth date! I could really get on board with the "no surprise" thing. Although God could have another plan of course! :)

3 comments:

Pam said...

My baby's heartbeat has been in the 150s...girl, too, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with planning...but having a surprise is wonderful as well.

Jason and Lisa said...

Praise God for a healthy little girl. I agree with Jen, there is nothing wrong with planning. I like June 23rd...that's Eli's birthday!

Pam, both my boys had heartbeats in the 150-160. I think how active they are plays into the heartbeat (just like ours).