Friday, February 13, 2009

NBA Jam Session

This afternoon we took the boys to NBA Jam Session at the Civic Center. It was really fun being downtown, it has changed a lot since the last time I was there. The Celebrity basketball game was there which my brother in law was working for (Sports Med) and it is a pretty big deal in the basketball world that the NBA All-Star game is also being held here this weekend. They had a lot of great things for the kids but Trey's favorite part was the Cartoon Network area where everything Star Wars was on display. Trey still maintains that the light saber that he took "Jedi training" with was not real. I don't know where this kid gets this stuff from as he has watched Star Wars only once and half way thru. Maybe he has been talking to James....?? Anyway, it was a lot of fun!







6 comments:

Jen said...

What a great family picture, I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! I didn't know you all were closet Star Wars fans. :) The Kershaws and Myers must be rubbing off on you.

Anonymous said...

Some true Jedi Masters. Looks like it was fun. Downtown is still on the lame side (my opinion).

Anonymous said...

Amy, I'm not sure that you're going to intimidate any Stormtroopers unless you hold that blaster like you are prepared to use it. ;-)Looks like you had fun!

Amy said...

Oh, I know Brooke! I absolutely hate posing for pics esp. when random people are watching and I am thinking to myself "how do I hold this thing and not look like a dork!?"

ObiShawn said...

Amy-

Please tell Trey that he is right, from a certain point of view. As his instructor, the lightsaber I gave him to use in class was a "practice saber", with a blade that can't harm anything. Any real Jedi knows a lightsaber can be dangerous when one doesn't know how to properly wield it.

Glad he enjoyed the training, and may the Force be with you!

Obi-Shawn