The past couple of weeks have been really hard for our family. Our nephew Kahlai was diagnosed with epilepsy at the young age of 3. This all started a few months ago when Angelique, his mother and my friend, noticed him having strange twitching movements when he was going to sleep. This soon escalated to when he was awake. He took a few trips to the ER and had an EEG done at Phoenix Children's Hospital. The prognosis was grim - he had a very hard to treat and control type of epilepsy called myoclonic epilepsy. A lot happened in a very short amount of time and now he is going on day 6 of his stay at PCH and they are saying that he is experiencing 6 different types of seizures. The neurologists are trying to get him stabilized, meanwhile experimenting with what drugs and what combination will work. He has also contracted RSV and is battling that along with his seizures now. Our hearts are so heavy with sadness. I am thankful for the hope in Jesus. He has a plan for this little guy and I can find great comfort and peace in that. I want to put this on my blog so that you can all be praying. Please pray for Kahlai, his mom Angelique, and dad Kevin (my brother--in-law). Please pray for the doctors and for their wisdom. Please pray that they would cling to the truth of God and His Word. Please pray that their stay would soon come to and end. This has been so hard and trying for them and I just want relief for them all.
Nutrient-Dense High-Calorie Shake
7 years ago
3 comments:
Poor little guy. I will be praying for him and the family as well. I can't imagine how scary that must be.
Thanks Amy.. and see you tomorrow..
We'll put him and the family on our prayer list. I can't imagine - my heart goes out to them.
Post a Comment