Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My two comedians

Here are the boys pretending to take a nap. They had been out very early in the morning which is why it looks like Tyson is dressed for the snow!


It should not be a surprise to me that my boys are so funny because they are 50% their daddy! Nonetheless, they keep me rolling all day long. Here are a few things from lately:

After finding him in the family room this morning with blankie, hippo and pillow...
Me: Trey, why did you bring your sheet out with you?
Trey: Because I like to snuggle with the big guy.
Me: roaring laughter
Trey: was that funny?

Me: Tyson, you are so cute!
Tyson: no, I ado-wable.
Me: laughter, and then yes, that too.

Ever since Trey has turned 4, we have begun many, many discussions about people's ages. He loves to tell Tyson that Tyson is much younger than him (a whole 24 mos!!). So Trey will say "Tyson, you are 1 and I AM 4!" Tyson will reply "no, I 3!" So funny.

Trey also likes to talk about hair color. Sadly, my hair color is many colors currently because of my desperate need for a trip to the salon. So Trey asks me what color his hair is and then what color Tyson's hair is. Then he says "mommy, you're hair is kind of TWO COLORS! Why is it like that?" More laughter....

Trey really likes to emulate his daddy about EVERYTHING. I personally couldn't think of anyone better to copy but it becomes quite comical at times. Trey has decided that before we go anywhere he must wash his face, brush his teeth, put deodorant on and do his hair...oh, and put on cologne. He always finishes each step with "I do this because I want to be like Daddy." He is such a hoot.

Tyson likes to ask a lot of rhetorical questions that start with "what's that mommy?" So he asks me that all day and I usually answer but sometimes I'll ask him to tell me what that something is. When he answers himself he'll then follow with "GOOD JOB!" When I answer him he also tells me good job. I'm getting really good with my words! :)

5 comments:

Tracy Jacobs Photography said...

soooo sweet, Amy

Theresa said...

I always wondered why Trey smelled like "Old Spice".

Anonymous said...

That is very sweet of Trey - Daddy's little boy. I look forward to when Hugh can pick up on things...sounds like lots of fun.

Amy said...

very funny "Theresa" or do I have Mike to thank for that comment?

Amy said...

very funny "Theresa" or do I have Mike to thank for that comment?