Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting ready for Christmas!






I love this time of year (minus the two things I mentioned in my Christmas questions post :)). I love so many things about Christmas - the fact that God sent his son to this earth on that glorious day to save mankind. I love the smells of Christmas candles, the smell that comes out of the Christmas decoration boxes, Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark, the lights and the wonder in my kids eyes as they look at the brightly lit tree and the fascination that they have for the scene of the Nativity. Last night we put up our fake tree as a family. This is the second year that we have done this and we have definitely started a tradition. Trey was so excited he literally talked about it all day until it was done...and then he quickly lost interest when he saw how long it was going to take. For that, he is my son :). Here are some pictures and the finished project.

2 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

I bet it is so fun seeing the excitement in the boy's faces during the Christmas season. What cuties! I love the curls.

Anonymous said...

It looks like everyone had a great time. I feel the same way as Trey - I lose interest very quickly and Jake is always finishing solo. We'll see how Hugh handles it!