This week, your baby measures about 1 1/2 inches from top to bottom--about as big as a cocktail shrimp and similar in shape. Tooth buds are forming, bones are growing, and hair is starting to sprout. Her eyelids are fused shut and will remain closed until week 27, but she can hear you now since the inner workings of the ear are complete. Neurons appear at one end of the spinal cord, and the basic divisions of the brain are present. She can also bend her arms at the elbows and has distinct fingers. Genitals continue to form, but your doctor would not be able to determine the sex yet, even by sonogram.
My appt. lasted a little longer today because they couldn't hear the heartbeat with the doppler and I had to wait for my OB to see another patient so that she could get me into the ultrasound room. All the while, I focused my heart on what God's promises are and what they are not. That being said, she did find the baby and it had a very healthy heartbeat and we could see the little arms. One funny thing Dr. Rau said was "and...there's only one." Of course, I have never even gone there thinking of twins but I was glad she saw one as well. It was very exciting; just as exciting as seeing Trey and Tyson for the first time! I love him/her already!!! Here he/she is!
8 comments:
Very exciting!!! :)
Yay. I'm so glad you got to see the baby!! It is incredibly precious.
Very cool, that you got to see the baby!! Did she tell you what the heart beat was? I have never heard the heart beat with the doppler at my 12 weeks, so I know that anxious wait to go into the ultra sound room. :) I also had a 10 week appt. and ultra sound with this baby and the heart rate was high and I said that to my doc afterwards and he very abruptly cut me off with, "All babies heart rates high till 12 weeks!" Ahh, a girl can dream right. :)
What a precious baby! I don't think my doctor ever tried getting the heartbeat prior to 12 weeks because often times you can't hear it before that. Maybe I'm wrong, hmm. Anyways, excited for you guys! :)
No, I didn't get the heartbeat which Kenny was bummed about but I assured him that it will mean nothing since Jenn's baby was all over the board and it was baby Hugh! :)
You'll appreciate this...Michael saw me looking at your blog which he saw the other day when you posted baby's ultrasound, so I just heard him say to Brielle out in the living room, "Hey, Brielle, do you want to see a picture of Trey's new baby brother?" Too funny...little does he know that it IS POSSIBLE to make a girl in this family!!:)
I'm all verclempt (or however you spell that. i'm not fluent in yiddish.) Praise God for that heart rate, whatever it was! And how good it was to hear that you spent some of that excruciating time while waiting for the Dr. preaching God's goodness to yourself. You're an encouragement to me!
so do we know what this baby is yet??? I need to crackin' at the LC for baby goods! Are you proud of me- I finally left a comment!
-Lyndee J
Post a Comment