Thursday, May 28, 2009

My boys

The boys have had some very sweet times together at night while laying in bed. The things I hear most are them singing hymns together. Of course, this melts my heart. It makes me realize how important it is that they get fed good stuff, a lot, every day (also convicting for me). I also love the reminder of the importance of hiding these things in our hearts and it is awesome to see them come out in my boys. So yesterday morning Trey thought he would take his show outside at about 6:45 a.m. and is yelling as loud as he could "PHARAOH, PHARAOH, LET MY PEOPLE GOOOOO!!!!" This just made me laugh and also thought about how I'm sure my neighbors love that I let the kids out so early. They've already been awake for almost 2 hours, I can't keep the animals caged that long.:)

The other thing I hear a lot since Trey got his hair cut is "mommy, my hair looks JUST like daddy's." I usually say "yes, I know, do you love that?" Of course his answer is yes. So today I tell him that Daddy is a very good person to look up to (after another comment about his hair) because he loves Jesus and there's no better example than that. He interrupts me and says "but MOMMY! It is even more important to OBEY JESUS!" Yes, Trey, this is also true. I love these conversations.

**what do you think of my new blog title? It was Kenny's idea and I think it's great - we are a football family and come June 26th we will be out numbered so I think it's very appropriate. What would you add to it? Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Ben and Melissa James said...

I love the new title!!! You are moving from man to man to zone so that's perfect!

Melissa said...

Very sweet stories, he does look a lot like Kenny right now, and the hair just completes the look!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet boys...it is awesome to see God working in their hearts at such a young age...very encouraging to me. Trey definitely looks like Kenny...it is so nice that he wants to be just like him.

Jason and Lisa said...

I like the new title. :) Sweet stories. Wow, your boys get up at 4:45?!? Maybe they'll be night owls when they are older (or maybe they already are?)

Krista said...

Hi Amy! I peek in on your blog every now and then. I'm so glad to hear your pregnancy is going so well! How exciting that your little girl will be here soon.

I LOVE your blog title! We're total football people over hear, too! Seems like a perfect fit!

krista

Jen said...

I LOVE the new title! :)

Brooke said...

Yep, great title! ;-)