When I was driving to my appointment this morning, I was praying. God graciously reminded my of so many verses in His word that command us to trust Him with all of our hearts, souls and minds. This is not always easy to do, especially when the mind is mine and it can go lots of different places very, very quickly. As I sat in the exam room and my OB measured me and then said "Hmmmm" I knew what God was doing just 30 minutes before. He wanted me to trust, and praise God I did and do. My OB found that I had not grown since my last appointment (what a surprise since I have packed on the LB's!!) but she assured me that it's nothing to be concerned about and that a follow-up ultrasound is "routine." As I thought more about how much stock our flesh can take in earthly wisdom, I am resting in the fact that God is THE Dr. and wise beyond my comprehension. God is sovereign in all things and nothing that He does can be changed.
Everything else looked good - my blood pressure, the baby's heart rate, etc. Oh, and the c-section is officially scheduled for June 26th! Praise God!
I will wait to hear from the OB to know when that ultrasound will take place. Until then, I will wait...patiently. 6 weeks and counting....:)
Nutrient-Dense High-Calorie Shake
7 years ago
5 comments:
That's super encouraging to hear, and awesome how God prepared your heart for something you did not know you would hear! I think you meant to say that your c-section is the 27, right? Six weeks....yahoo!
I am always reminded of Phil. 4 when my anxious thoughts get the best of me. "The peace of God which surpasses all comprehension will GUARD your heart..." So often I am guilty of an unguarded heart. Praise God for your trust in Him.
Praise God for taking your thoughts captive...I know I can allow myself to get down a very wrong path if I don't pray about a situation first. We'll be praying for you. I feel like this pregnancy has gone by really fast...I am sure you don't feel that way!
Yes, praise God for your trust in Him. We'll be praying for you.
You are an encouragement Amy! Praise God for His promise to complete His work in us!
Post a Comment