
Source - parenting.com
By the end of this week, the embryo will more than double its length, growing from approximately 4 to 5 millimeters to 11 to 13 millimeters. It is now about the size of a raspberry. The head is disproportionately larger than the rest of the body, and dark spots mark where the eyes and nostrils will be. The forebrain has divided into the two parts that make up the cerebral hemispheres of the brain, where as many as 100 nerve cells are created each minute.
Ok- now to the non-scientific commentary. I officially feel pregnant! Although, praise the Lord, I have no nausea (yet), each morning when I wake up I have that fullness feeling like the baby is growing really fast and I guess he is! Lots of "things" seem to be getting larger at an exponential rate. Yesterday I took Tyson in the stroller to the grocery store, and as Theresa can attest to, I was huffing and puffing. Could it be that my uterus is already pushing up on my diaphragm? Crazy! Well, my patience is not getting better while we wait for the ultrasound, but as my mom pointed out, at least I have two birthdays and the holidays to keep me busy and my mind off of it.
Tyson is so cute and loves to say often "baby in tummy!" At our church grill-out he actually lifted my shirt to point. That was a lovely sight I'm sure.
Trey, on the other hand, doesn't really talk about baby much which is interesting to me as I would think he would since he can understand it better. He has said some things that appear to be acting out about the baby but so far nothing like he's excited. I know, though, that they will both be awesome big brothers and will love, or grow to love, baby!:)
5 comments:
I love my little raspberry niece or nephew-already! :)
I never get what babies are always referred to as different food items along the way. Raspberry, lima bean, etc.
This little raspberry will be a cutie, that's for sure!
Can't wait for that ultrasound....you might join the leagues of the families that only have boys but I can't wait to find out! I liked your name pic from your previous post! Leala
Four Men and a Busier Mommy ;)
We are so excited - more friends for Hugh! TJ would always lift up my shirt and show my belly...loved it!
Post a Comment