Today was my first OB appointment at a new office and with a new doctor. They did the regular routine stuff like taking their own pregnancy test, drawing tons of blood and talking about all the need-to-knows. So what did I come away with? Not much really except that if I'm used to getting my heart beat higher than 140 bpm during exercise then I can continue with that, that I need to watch my caffeine intake, my due date is for sure July 7th but baby will come by scheduled c-section in late June. My doctor said we would play that one by ear based on what my cervix was doing. I wanted to tell her that since I've already been in this rodeo, nothing will happen with my cervix and I won't have any contractions until I am in labor. I held back so as to not appear as a know it all and because I guess I really don't know what God has planned for this baby. My next appointment is in 4 weeks at which point they will look/listen for the heartbeat by ultrasound and then between 16-20 weeks she will do the big ultrasound so we can find out that we are having another boy :). Cole Ezekiel Williams.... That's all I know for now.
12 comments:
...I'm sorry to bother you, byt I didn't see the girl's name you picked out??? ;)
Glad to hear that you had a good OB check-up. It will be interesting if your mommy insticts are correct on baby #3. That's great that you already have a name if your mommy instincts are correct...cute name. Did you know Trey and Tyson would be boys? My instincts were wrong except with Eli I was being more stubborn than anything because of the generational trend.
Yay boys! We love boys! Snips, snails, puppy dog tails! Hooray!
Well, I don't know for sure if it's a boy. I'm just going with my gut on this one - and the two women, Melissa and Michelle, who have gone before me with 3 for 3. We'll see but I will definitely not be surprised if baby is a boy :). Plus, we really didn't "do" anything to try for a girl (like Sarah M.).
It is crazy how much blood they take at that first apppointment, huh? I just got my explanation of benefits for it...first they take your blood, then they take your money. Alas.
Oh, and I once heard a "theory" that the gender of your baby depends on your husband's job. "Manual labor" jobs produce boys, "desk" jobs produce girls. Stupid, I know, but I heard that it was actually discussed in a college class.
Thanks, amy ;)
lol.
What, no cranberries? :-) I LOVE the name!
As one of the above mentioned case studies, babies are a blessing no matter what they are. :) To put your mind to ease, just look at my third born son, he is such a piece of work... I mean cake, such a piece of cake. :)
Their is nothing wrong with hoping it is a girl, I am currently doing that as well. :) Maybe we will start a new trend for our support group "Sisters with Boys" and both have girls. :) OR maybe we will add two more crazys to the bunch.
Either way they come out, one thing is certain, a year of breast feeding is in our future!! Yea.... :|
A year of breastfeeding? Don't you remember that we both put our kids on whole milk at 10 mos? Let's be honest here and not push it talking about 12 mos! Hee hee.
All I have to say is that Cole would make a cute girl name too! Just would have to think of a different middle name... I am rooting for a tall, dark and curly haired baby girl!
Just watch, baby girl would get jet black straight hair while her brothers get the light curly hair!
ummm..well..I am going to pray that God will give you a beautiful healthy girl...although I am never right...He is. (ok ok a beautiful healthy boy too if that's the choice He made) So glad for you my friend! Isn't life amazing!
Post a Comment