Today was definitely "one of those days" where everyone seems to be whiny, clingy and needy all day long...and of course it wouldn't be "one of the those days" without someone being injured every 5 minutes. However, I am thankful that I can stop now and recognize the sweet times we had.
Tyson has begun to mimic everything Trey does. Whether it is a body movement or words, he wants to copy. It is so cute to see this because it's starting to look more like two buddies rather than a big brother and baby brother. Tyson also mimics everything he hears on t.v. and so, as you can imagine, I was stunned to hear him speaking Spanish. That's right. Dora taught him "adios". Sometimes he'll say adios now instead of goodbye. He also has apparenltly become, without me knowing, a fan of Diego (Dora's cousin) because we turned the t.v. off today right as Diego began and he ran to me yelling emphatically "DIEGO, DIEGO!" Huh?
While Tyson was napping, Trey and I had a sweet conversation about the crown of thorns that Jesus wore. Trey informed me that Jesus should have just chopped the bad men down ("like this mommy" with a karate chop motion). I explained why Jesus did not retaliate and how wonderful it is that Jesus loved us so much that he would suffer so much for us. Trey thought maybe it would be a better idea that he could karate chop them instead. What a boy.....
Another cute thing about Trey is how he has picked up the word recognize. Of course he doesn't use it in the correct context but I'll usually ask him to do something and if he takes (too) long to respond then he'll say "oh, sorry mommy, I didn't recognize." I think he means understand. Anyway, I don't correct it because it's so cute (the word, not the slow response part:).
2 comments:
I LOVE when brothers can be best friends, this is such a sweet age for them.
It will only get FUNNIER if he starts telling you, "you better recognize!"
I am very happy that the boys are healthy again. Doménica also attempts to copy Gabriel... I must admit, however that seeing a little girl attempt to keep up with a busy boy can be quite scary... but a good opportunity to teach Gabriel to be a good example to her... fun, fun, fun!
Post a Comment