Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Judgment made - NOT GUILTY!

I have been reflecting this week on God's judgment on my life...more like praising Him that His judgment for me will not be eternal punishment. I started thinking about this because I got a traffic ticket (ah hem) and have to go to traffic court for it. In preparation for this and getting anxious about facing a judge it just reminded me that what a judge can *do on earth is only temporal and defintely is nothing of heaven. God, in His sovereighnty and love for me, took me from that judgment, changed me (the wretched sinner that I was) by His Holy Spirit and has cleansed me and saved me! I have grown in my love for the Lord this week as I am reflecting on His power in my life, His love, His sovereignty, His mercy, His grace. My hope is that as you read this that you can also say that you have been set free from the chains of sin and that when you are done on earth that you will live with the King forever and ever.

*nothing criminal here, just a traffic violation :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts, Amy. Thanks for posting this. It's always good to remember where we stand before God so that we can have the right perspective on our salvation...His grace...and goodness that we weren't even looking for.