We are home after a very nice and relaxing weekend. We drove over on Friday and checked into the bed and breakfast in Old Town San Diego. It was an adorable historic house that they had transplanted from another part of SD that would have been demolished. The owners were so accomodating and made sure that our needs were always met. Friday night we went to our favorite restaurant, Old Town Mexican Cafe. They have freshly made tortillas that they use for all their dishes. It is a must try! Then we walked through Old Town and went to a wine tasting place. That was fun and we learned a lot about the science of making wine that I apparently didn't remember from Napa Valley. The next morning I met Katie and we ran on the boardwalk at Mission Beach. Later we met and hung out at the beach while the groomsmen and Kenny played wiffle ball (a tradition) and then Katie and I got pedicures. At that point it was time to get ready for the wedding. The wedding was so nice and so fun. It was amazing to be able to sit at the table and eat dinner and have conversation uninterrupted! Sunday morning we met Katie and Matt for breakfast at Kona's at Crystal Pier on Pacific Beach. Another must try! It was a great weekend and it went well with my mom at home with the boys so we look forward to doing this again, right mom:)?! Oh yah, side note - we were all very tired when Kenny and I got home last night. Tyson takes the cake though. I hear him calling me at about 6:15 last night. I found him in his crib with his blankie and passy and saying "I seeepy". I confirmed with Kenny and Trey that they didn't get him into his crib so he got in himself. Remember what I said about Tyson being too afraid to fall Melissa? Apparently not anymore. All I can do is hope he won't start crawling out.:) Anyway, enjoy the
pictures.
3 comments:
What a great weekend for you two. It's nice to have that alone time and re-group. How funny that you went to our favorite Mexican restaurant in S.D. It is a must see must do when in town! See you next week!
Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!!
I am so glad for you guys that you had a great weekend. You looked BEAUTIFUL at the wedding, Kenny's date was one HOT mama!!!
Post a Comment