20 years ago I was 11....I'm pretty sure that my life revolved around my girlfriends and those few boy crushes I had all the way through junior high. I know that my hard-core rebellion was beginning at that age (if you want details, just ask). I will never forget that year working on this huge project on the country of Greece. I had to draw a map and write a paper for it. I misspelled "government" all the way through the paper and rec'd a much lower grade bc of it. Needless to say, I have never misspelled government since then :).
10 years ago I had been dating Kenny (my husband) for about 2 years. I was still living at home but would soon after move in with his sister, Patrice. I was going to Phoenix College and at the time pursuing the human biology route in my education. I still thought my ways were just fine and did not realize (yet) my depravity and need for a Savior. It's funny and fun just writing this (thanks Pam!).
5 years ago Kenny and I were saved (for about a year) and we were attending East Valley Bible Church - Tempe and were being fed by the messages, small group, and fellowship in an amazing way. That might have been my biggest year of growth so far. We also had been married for 2 years and I was in the midst of working hard (with the help of Walter Cruthfield and Tim Danninger - thank you guys!) to be accepted into nursing school after my first fingerprint clearance application was denied (again, if you want details just ask :).
3 years ago my precious son Trey was 9 mos. old and he was so fun! He was getting close to walking and cruising all around. I still talk with my sisters about how I thought life was soooo busy (and then I learned more by having Tyson:). Trey had been in swim class for a few months and it was clear he was destined to be a water baby. Playgroup was fun to attend with lots of babies Trey's age. I had graduated from ASU with a degree in nursing 8 1/2 mos. previous. That was also the time that I (well, the dr) found that I had a thyroid problem and that began the daily medication routine.
1 year ago Tyson was 7 mos. old and he was so sweet and so smiley. He was crawling everywhere and getting into everything! He already knew he adored his brother but his brother still didn't know what to think of him. We had just come home from Disneyland and the beach and had had a wonderful time. At the time I couldn't imagine three.....
Today Kenny and I are planning for a third baby. Trey and daddy are golfing and Tyson is playing contently while I type away. I am enjoying an iced Venti green tea...shaken, not stirred.
Tomorrow will be Monday. The work week starts for Kenny and we will most likely go to the gym. I pray that I can start my day with time in the Word before the craziness starts.
Next year....I have no idea. We may have another addition to our family or we may not. We may live in this house or we may not. Kenny might get a promotion or he may not. Kenny WILL be done with school! I am thankful that God will work out those details.....
Nutrient-Dense High-Calorie Shake
7 years ago
4 comments:
I loved reading this!! And I look forward to seeing what the Lord brings about in your life this next year!!
Do you tag anyone?
I Love keeping up with you on your blog! Since I haven't seen you or talked to you, does this blog entry say that you are currently preggers? Thanks for sharing your life! See you in a few weeks (I hope) Mary
God is so good! I get choked up reading this because I see what an amazing work He has done in your life and Kenny's. What a blessing it has been to witness first-hand! Love you, sis!
Post a Comment