Monday, January 26, 2009

Tomorrow is the big day!

After waiting for what seems like an eternity (no comments Melissa or Jenn:) we get to finally see our baby by ultrasound, and if they cooperate, we get to know what I've been carrying around for 17 weeks. I can speak for myself here that this time I'm really not hoping for a certain sex. I think this is the first time in three pregnancies that I have handed it completely over to the Lord and have not tried to hold on to some kind of control. God has really granted me a lot of peace. So, I am going into tomorrow's appointment with excitement that I have reached this milestone in my pregnancy and that I can see how the baby is doing developmentally. I have for once made no assumptions that all will be perfect because I know that in God's sovereignty, He does not promise me a baby or even a healthy one. I just praise God for sustaining me and this baby so far and I pray that He will continue to do so for the next 20 weeks or so. Until tomorrow's post, can you please pray? Thank you.

9 comments:

Pam said...

Praying and looking forward to hearing how the ultrasound goes!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and the little one! And you must post or facebook IMMEDIATELY when you get home so we can all find out too! ;-) Exciting!!!!

Jen said...

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! Have so much fun tomorrow. :)

Cristina said...

I can't wait!

The Martins said...

It is just so amazing to *SEE* them twirling and bouncing around in there. I get all choked up when I see it- an actual picture of what you haven't been able to see for so long. Praise God for 17 healthy weeks!

Jason and Lisa said...

Yippee! Hope all goes well tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing U/S pics of your little cutie.

Anonymous said...

An eternity? Kidding. I am very excited as well. They cooperate?...Is there you are not telling us?

Krista said...

Am praying and excited to read your next post. :) What time is the appointment?

Cristina said...

so, are there news yet? Waht time was the appt.?