Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My 14 week (and 2 days) OB appt!


Parenting.com says this for a baby at 14 weeks:
Make a fist--that's how big your baby is now. At week 14, he weighs close to an ounce and measures between three and four inches from top to bottom. Like you, he can make a fist, too, with fingers that have a unique set of prints; an epidermal layer in his skin shows genetically determined ridges on the tips and palms. Keep drinking those glasses of skim milk, because in the next eight weeks the bones throughout his body will harden as calcium gets deposited. Your son's neck is now getting longer too, which means his chin doesn't have to rest on his chest anymore.

This morning I saw Dr. Rau for the regular baby check up. My hysterical sister Katie texted her last night (they are friends) to ask if she would "take a look" at the baby. She did but she couldn't determine the gender today; it's too early. So, everything with me and the baby looked good and for that I am grateful. The baby's heart rate was healthy and strong and in the 150's (that's for you, Jenn). I will have my BIG ultrasound outside of the office on January 27th. Hopefully you can all hold tight for another 3 weeks! :)

8 comments:

Cristina said...

Great to know you are doing well. What is her name (the baby) again? ;o)

Amy said...

His name will be Cole; her name is a surprise!

Anonymous said...

When did you get to be 14 weeks already? Isn't it funny how everyone else's pregnancies seem to go by so quickly? Praise God everything is looking good!

Krista said...

Yeah! I love having appts so you can hear the heartbeat. :) Glad you are doing well! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...150? I don't know...I have a gut feeling, but not 100% sure. I am getting really anxious to find out...I know the next three weeks will fly by!

Theresa said...

Hopefully "we all" can hold tight to find out the sex? ;) Yes, I am excited, too!

Tracy Jacobs Photography said...

Amy, is that her? That picture?

Anonymous said...

Well to be perfectly honest, no, I don't think I can hold tight for three weeks. I'm not a very patient person! Thank goodness you aren't one of those "Surprise" people. ;-)

PTL baby is doing so well!