Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The 5:00 a.m. club

As most of you know, this is an hour of the morning that I see everyday. However, without telling you the absurd time that I actually wake up, I found a recent girl talk blog entry to be encouraging regarding waking up early for quiet time. I started this awhile back when my sister Theresa encouraged me to do it. Apparently, Carolyn Mahaney and her daughters have their own club called the 5:00 a.m. club. Carolyn calls her daughters every morning so they can wake up and have quiet time with God. How cool is that? So, here's the link - http://girltalk.blogs.com/girltalk/2009/01/growing-in-risi.html
Who wants to join?
And by the way, rising before children will look different to everyone. It doesn't have to be 5. For some, 6 or 7 may be early rising. You decide.

2 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Thanks for posting this link. I go on Girl talk periodically but this is a great encouragement with rising early to have a quiet time.

Angelique and Kahlai said...

I know we've kind of brushed on this... but yes! and I think I'm enjoying the early hours better than the late ones...