This summer has been great to make all the skills learned in swim lessons become concrete. Trey has become a really strong swimmer and conquered his fear of the deep end yesterday when he dove for something at the bottom 7 feet down! Tyson has progressed amazingly in such a short time and is totally rolling over and back floating unassisted. The best part is he has a smile on his face the whole time! Brooklyn was introduced to the water yesterday (Katie has great afternoon shade in her pool - perfect for that sensitive baby skin). As Katie put it, newborns feeling the water against their bodies promotes lots of brain development for the left and right sides. She's very knowledgeable about the whole thing and very passionate about kids learning to swim and she gets to do it as a job. B liked the swaying side to side in the water but wasn't a fan once Katie had her on her back...as is with all my kids at first...no shocker there. I think it's the lack of control that they feel and don't like :). Anyway, I love to see my kids swim and have so much fun with it! I can't wait to get in the water with them in another week - whoa, what a long six weeks when all there is to do is swim! Thanks Kate!!!!!
I was thinking the same thing about Trey looking like Kenny there! There is nothing greater (to me) than seeing the evidence of what a child learns and uses what they are taught without being told...don't retaliate, ask forgiveness, cleanup your messes, rollover and backfloat! It's very exciting to see Tyson do it automatically now because he KNOWS he needs a breath! Way to go buddy(ies). P.S. Mel and others interested in learning more, Bob Hubbard has a blog where he shares ideas and information about swimming for parents...I'll find out what his site is today. Probably a link on hubbardswim.com too
That is awesome... I experienced the same during these past wo weeks as I witnessed Domenica learn to swim in just two weeks... Today was her last class and she rolled over unassisted too, she was also able swim the short length of the pool without having to rollover to rest! yay for water safe babies... !!!
ok I got the blog. It's www.swimschoolbob.com or there's a link on the hubbardswim.com website. Bob Hubbard who has been the pres. of USSSA (United States Swim School Assoc.) and he and his wife travel the world teaching swim schools in our and other countries about infant/toddler swim. He came up to me today reading his Monday posted blog. I guess he posts them every monday. Always good info!
6 comments:
whoa Trey looks like Kenny in that picture!
WOW!! They look great! I am glad Tyson is enjoying in the water. :)
And interesting Katie's thoughts on infant swim.... hmm.. :)
I was thinking the same thing about Trey looking like Kenny there! There is nothing greater (to me) than seeing the evidence of what a child learns and uses what they are taught without being told...don't retaliate, ask forgiveness, cleanup your messes, rollover and backfloat! It's very exciting to see Tyson do it automatically now because he KNOWS he needs a breath! Way to go
buddy(ies).
P.S. Mel and others interested in learning more, Bob Hubbard has a blog where he shares ideas and information about swimming for parents...I'll find out what his site is today. Probably a link on hubbardswim.com too
That is awesome... I experienced the same during these past wo weeks as I witnessed Domenica learn to swim in just two weeks... Today was her last class and she rolled over unassisted too, she was also able swim the short length of the pool without having to rollover to rest! yay for water safe babies... !!!
ok I got the blog. It's www.swimschoolbob.com or there's a link on the hubbardswim.com website. Bob Hubbard who has been the pres. of USSSA (United States Swim School Assoc.) and he and his wife travel the world teaching swim schools in our and other countries about infant/toddler swim. He came up to me today reading his Monday posted blog. I guess he posts them every monday. Always good info!
The kids look great in the water. That is great that the boys are doing so well. Baby B looks very cute.
Post a Comment