We have made it through our first week with three children! It has been a really great week enjoying Brooklyn and having Kenny home so much. He has been in school for the last two years so it is quite a drastic, but wonderful change for all of us. Brooklyn is doing great. So far she is doing the new born thing - eating, sleeping(in the daytime) and pooping. Trey and Tyson are doing SO WELL with her. It is so awesome to see them with their sister. They love her so much and definitely have a different kind of affection for her than I have ever seen them have. I think she likes the affection too, she just doesn't know it yet :). Tyson was the one I was concerned about but all he wants to do is give her kisses which totally melts my heart. Trey is also doing great but gets a little concerned when she fusses and usually says quickly "she wants to drink from your boob!" which means please fix it quickly! I think I am seeing the care taking side come out of him. He's very cautious about her and quiet when around her (what makes this funny is I have never told the boys to be quiet around her). He's also really good at directing Tyson on how to talk to her, kiss her, hold her and touch her. It makes me laugh. Kenny has been totally amazing and has basically taken over the house while I recover. I am so SO thankful for him and all of the help he has been to me. I also LOVE to see him with his baby girl. There is nothing sweeter. Nothing.
So, week 2 begins which means Kenny goes back to work on Monday (booooooo!). I'm not going to lie. I'm not looking forward to it but I know he has to so I am just praying to prepare my heart for all of this. I trust God and know that he will care for me through it but I wouldn't mind your prayers! :)
6 comments:
I think you should start a new blog where you can give us updates . . . "Brooklyn is 214.75 days old and she is . . . " - haha - you have nothing else to do right??? I'm glad it is going so well. I hope I can see her (in person) again soon - but until then - more that one photo per post please!!
So precious! Glad everyone is getting settled in with your new bundle of joy. What a wonderful Blessing!
Beautiful baby girl!! Good luck tomorrow... I only have 2 kids but I can sympathize on the mom-at-home-alone for sure. Blogging is the new scrapbooking whether its once a week or random (like me) :)
Weekly updates are great :)...however, you need to update more than once a week. Also, need to see more photos. We'll be praying for you all this week. See you on Friday!
Oh my gosh. . . "she wants to drink from your boob." that is hilarious. glad you wrote that down--you'll look back at that and laugh one day!
congrats on your new baby! she's adorable
I will second Michelle's request because it's not enough!...Keep waiting for new posts, new pics, new stories...keep 'em comin' sis, it's all adorable, and you clearly have a fan club here!
Post a Comment