I guess I should share what Kenny I are doing. We are having our own version of "The Biggest Loser" at our house (tv show, Channel 12, 7 p.m., Tues. nights). We work out Mon, Weds, Fri together with the exercise ball and medicine ball for added challenge. Tues and Thurs are cardio days which I try to walk with the boys in the stroller. Kenny got the workout routine from someone at work who used to be a trainer. And then we are following the Body for Life eating plan. It's really easy to follow - you know the usual - lean meats, good carbs and lots of fruit and vegetables. And then you get a free day - we make this Sunday. Kenny cracks me up because he gets so excited for the free day - he talks about what he'll have for breakfast on Sat. night and then after breakfast on Sunday he'll talk about lunch and dinner. This is where I usually eat something sweet since that's the hardest thing to resist all week. The free day is designed to let you eat whatever you want so that you can get the cravings out of the way and then be motivated all week to be disciplined. The workouts are so hard I feel nauseous at times. I am sorry to say, I am not the biggest loser :). But Kenny is and I am so proud of him. He has given up a lot of good bad food to do this with me. It's really awesome to be doing this together because he helps motivate me and keeps me accountable. I think it's good too for our boys to not only see us doing this together but also to get a sense of the importance of physical exercise. I know that impacted me when I was little because my mom always walked or swam laps in our pool. Anyway, Kenny has lost 17 lbs. and I have lost 7. We weigh in every 2 weeks, so our next weigh in is Sunday. Wish me luck!
5 comments:
Amy!
What a great idea to start this blog! I love it! Also, best of luck for your weigh in Sunday! I know you can do it! tj
how'd the weigh in go girlfriend?
i love this blog. its AWESOME keepin up with you guys.
At the weigh-in on 2/3/08 I lost 2 lbs. Kenny lost 0 but I think last weigh in he was ahead of the game bc he had the flu the previous week. Next weigh-in - 2/17/08 - happy birthday numbers hopefully!
We've changed our weigh in to Sat. so that we can also change our free day to Sat. We had it at Sunday bc that was football day but football's over. So for our weigh in today, February 16th, I lost 0 pounds (possible water retention from that special friend that visits every month) and kenny lost 4 lbs. He is the biggest loser! Nice job babe!
Today is week 10 of our weight loss program. I was the biggest loser this week at 4 lbs. total weight loss. Kenny still lost 2 though, not bad! Kenny has surpassed his goal and has now set a new one. I have 27 lbs. to get to my goal. I'm learning a lot through this process especially patience.
Post a Comment