When we were searching for a home, our home's model had a reading corner in the master bedroom. I have always loved the idea and when my friend Amberlee recently started a blog about living simply and organized she featured a reading area she had recently done. I was inspired! So, with her help, we put our thoughts together (what that means is she told me what she pictured in the corner and I loved it and went with it!) and we started moving furniture. The sweet thing is I spent $38 on some lamps at Target and the rest I bought with a gift card from my mom for my birthday. It's not super fancy but functional and I like that I now have a quiet place to read that has a door to shut (and lock :).
This is me being shameless - a messy bedroom for the WWW. Yes, it usually looks like this.
The finished product! Amberlee donated the folded blankets and some lamp shades for a future project, I pulled the chair from the living room (and used extra throw pillows from our bed), bought the end table at Ross for $23.99 and the lamp in a set of 3 for $38! Yay!!
6 comments:
Oh I could just cuddle up with a good book in that corner. It is lovely. Nice job Amy! (And Amberlee). Can you please send her my way now???
Love it! Where did the bookshelves go?
Oh, yay for shameless.
Love the nook! looks cozy!
Nice job, looks great!
very impressed, friend!
Looks great!!
Post a Comment