Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brooklyn is 18 months!


Yesterday Brooklyn had her 18 month well check. It was, well, well! It was nice to be in the office with a healthy child and not a sick one! She is doing great and is really a big girl. She weighs 28.2 lbs (90%) and is 34 inches (95-97%). The PA said "she definitely acts like she's nearing towards being a two year old!" Um...thank you? Just recently she is really understanding the world of dress-up and brings me things to put on her. So cute! :) The other day we put a tutu on her that she had just received as a hand-me-down and she started dancing. Is this innate? How does she know that you are supposed to dance like a ballerina once you have donned the tutu? I love the new world of girl, so fun! She loves her brothers and think they are HYSTERICAL! She has lots of words and she is starting to put two words together. She has something that she says in a certain tone that sounds like the same words every time she is busting her brothers for something. I privately laugh at this. I think this is just the beginning little girl! We love her so much and have so much fun with her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! For some reason, she still looks little to me. Not sure why! Happy half birthday!

The Mellstrom Family said...

I LOVE that Ms. Brooklyn is getting into dress up and becoming a mini ballerina :)! I'll have to start teaching her ballet when I serve in the crawlers :) :) :)

Theresa said...

And sometimes she decides to dance when the boys are counting...lol. I LOVE her little personality that's developing...SO fun!!