My ears have been privy to many funny things coming out of these boy's mouths lately. Today in the car Trey said "mommy, Brooklyn's nose caves are very tiny!" So I asked "what are nose caves (knowing he meant nostrils)?" He responded "you know, those holes in your nose where boogers hide and fly out of! Nose caves!" Like a bat, I suppose. We were at a store and we were passing the intimate apparel section when Trey stopped and said VERY loudly "Look mommy, this boob thing is my favorite color - it's blue!" The boob thing was a bra obviously and all I could do was laugh...very hard. Trey has also been so interested in Heaven lately. He usually asks very sweet things like who he will see or what it will be like. Today he said "mommy, I don't want it to be hot in Heaven because it is so hot today!" Kenny and I are encouraged to see his heart being softened to discipline. He is broken over his sin and becomes very emotional about it - not because he is being disciplined but truly because he is sad that he disobeyed. It is awesome to see and hard to watch all at the same time. I so hope for his heart to be radically changed by Jesus!
Tyson seems to be in growing overdrive these past few weeks. He eats and sleeps like crazy...and I think part of that growing includes his personality. He says really funny things and has started to change his voice just to be silly, especially when asking for something from me that might result in the answer no. He is generally a total comedian and is also really good at repeating verbatim things he hears on t.v. The funniest part is that he knows he's being funny. I can't remember examples because I always forget to write things down! On the spiritual side of things, Tyson will say to me very randomly "I love Jesus and God!" and when he sees different shapes or pictures of things (or the pattern on the tile) he will say "oh, that looks like the Cross of Jesus!" I am encouraged by these little things because I know they can grow into bigger things and hopefully even truth in his heart by God's grace.
I love these boys and I am so thankful for them. They help me to see my own sin, remind me of God's grace and require me to remain on my knees in prayer for their hearts! :)
And now, a word from Brooklyn...excited to see the ceiling fan! :)
3 comments:
Very sweet and funny posts about the boys. Shopping is always entertaining with boys. :)
B looks very cute and very big! :( But I would NEVER tell you to have another child, I don't want to be typecast as the person who encourages people to enjoy a blessing from the Lord. :)
Wow, the boys are growing up - praise God to see the softening of hearts. Hugh was walking around the house the other day with one of my bras...it was awesome. Brooklyn is so cute...seriously.
Okay, I'm still laughing about "this boob thing." that is hilarious!! hahahaah.....ANYWAY, love the video of baby B=oh she's such a honey girl!
Post a Comment