Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our Christmas "card"



Dear Family and Friends,

We are doing things a little differently this year to save time and money....

Kenny and I reflect on this past year and are in awe of God's grace in our lives! It's hard to think of where to start since we have been so abundantly blessed! I guess I can start in June! We were blessed with another child - this time a daughter - named Brooklyn Jane! She was born on June 26, 2009 and has been such a joy to this family. She is growing so fast and sometimes I wish I could slow it all down. She is rolling everywhere and recently got her first taste of food - rice cereal and green beans - yum!

Trey, age 5 and our oldest, started preschool this year at Grace Community Christian School. This was a very hard decision for us to make (ok, for me). I was so on the fence about school - which school, home school etc. but it has been such an answer to prayer! He loves school and loves his teachers and we have been very pleased with what he is learning both Biblically and academically! He is a fun, active boy who loves to do crafts and cook and recently discovered that he loves video games.

Tyson will be three on January 3rd. It has been a blessing to have him "one on one" while Trey has been in school. It has given me the opportunity to experience his personality separate from his brother and to do fun things with him like going to our church's playgroup, the zoo and to a pumpkin patch - things I wouldn't be crazy about doing with three kids. Tyson is a very sweet big brother who loves Legos and cars. He is energetic and happy - always with a smile on his face!

Kenny continues to work for SAP - a enterprise business software company. In October he was offered a change in his position - one that he wanted and prayed for. His role is different and it allows him to work from home. We all love this! It also requires some travelling - mostly to west coast states. This past year Kenny has attended a class at church called H3 - heart, head, hands. He has really enjoyed learning more about who God is as and what He commands for men as leaders. He also loves being able to fellowship with men from our church body. In September he attended Front Sight Training Institute where he was tactically trained in firearms and personal defense. He enjoys going to the shooting range to practice what he has learned. He also recently got his Concealed Carrying Weapon license(CCW).

I continue to stay home with the kids and I am very thankful for this. God has blessed me with an amazing opportunity to shepherd our kids and although it can be very challenging I know it's exactly where He wants me to be. I am involved in activities at church and I also attend Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) on Thursday mornings. This year we are studying the gospel of John and it has been really awesome to study with other women and to learn more about who Jesus was while he lived in sinless, human form. What an amazing Savior He is!

We hope that you all had an awesome Christmas and we pray for a safe and healthy New Year!

Love,
The Williams Family
Kenny, Amy, Trey (5), Tyson (3) and Brooklyn (6 mos)

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Good stuff, Ame...and I like your pic!!

Filleman Family said...

I think your picture came out cute - everyone is looking and smiling -success in my book! Good idea on the letter on the blog - I just decided to pass completely on the letter this year - maybe I will steal this idea for next year!

Pam said...

Love that picture of your family!!!

Mikele said...

You look beautiful! And I believe I recognize that park....