Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday, Trey!

This year was very special because we got to celebrate Thanksgiving and Trey's birthday which fell on the holiday this year. For weeks and weeks Trey has been talking about his birthday. The night before came and he was SO EXCITED! In fact, I woke up with Brooklyn sometime after 10 p.m. that night and he was STILL awake! The next morning he was ready for his requested Mickey Mouse pancakes. We had a mini celebration in the morning so he could open the gifts from us. His response to his army tank was "this is the best present EVER! I have ALWAYS DREAMED of getting a tank!" Very funny! This was really cute too - he asked me when he would be five and I told him he was five right now. He thought this was very fun - no more waiting, the day was here! Later he was standing in the bathroom looking in the mirror and he asks me "mommy, do I look five to you?" Of course I had to lay it on THICK how big he looked :). In the afternoon, both sides of the family came to celebrate. This year, Trey chose an army theme so we had lots of fun doing everything camo and hanging an American flag. We set up a boot camp obstacle course (hilarious!) and then Kenny played "drill sergeant says" with six little boys. It made all of us laugh because I am more of the "everyone wins" mentality and Kenny is sure that there is only one winner. Fortunately, there were no hurt feeling or tears. We then enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner then camo cupcakes and gift opening. It was a very fun day and hopefully memorable for Trey.

Happy Birthday, buddy! We are so thankful for you and are encouraged to see how much you have grown in the past year! We love you!!!!









6 comments:

Filleman Family said...

Happy Birthday Trey! We love you!

Jen said...

Happy birthday Trey, I'm so glad you had a very fun day celebrating!!! :)

I love how excited he was and then asking if he looked 5, too cute!

Anonymous said...

Those boys are so cute! What a fun birthday. Good job on the cupcakes, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Trey! Awesome party...looks like lots of fun!

Theresa said...

Such fun. You forgot to mention that Trey was the ONLY kid who understood "Drill Sargent Says." The rest were clueless...I think that drill sargent had been practicing with the bday boy...haha.

Cristina said...

Happy b-day big boy!