Sunday, November 22, 2009

Brooklyn is 5 months - Rice cereal 101 and other fun things






Brooklyn will be 5 months this week (on Thanksgiving). I can't believe how much happens in a month. She is getting a tooth! No, it's not because she's drooling, it's because I actually feel the top of it! Crazy! My boys didn't get teeth until way later so last week, as I'm feeding her and thinking nursing was starting to "feel different" I thought there was no way it could be a tooth...it is, indeed. This month has also brought the first taste of wallpaper paste, I mean rice cereal. As expected, most of what goes in comes right back out. I don't blame her, it smells disgusting. And she has met the exercauser...she likes it for a short time as she can't really control her movements of her hands enough to really play with all of the things around her. She is doing great with sleeping and is a BURST of sunshine in the morning. It is so nice to be greeted with such a happy girl, most definitely my highlight of the day. I am excited for the holidays with her - she will have lots of firsts starting with Thanksgiving.

9 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

So cute. It will be fun doing all those "firsts."

Cristina said...

She is adorable. I was just thinking I haven't seen her in person in a while and how big she must be. I'll be sure to get a sqeeze tonight.

Heidi Marie said...

Okay I say there should be a law against being that cute. I love that first picture; she has such an adorable smile.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! She is getting big...I can't believe it. I really thought she would going to stay small forever. Yeah for teeth!

Mikele said...

Oh, how I love girls!!!!! She is precious. Her next Thanksgiving will be much more tasty...

Filleman Family said...

I was going to say the same thing as Heidi - that first picture really should be in a frame - beautiful, beautiful little girl! I haven't squeezed her in a long time either :(

Melissa said...

YES YES! The pictures are ADORABLE! You described her so well, she is like a burst of sun shine!! She is such a sweet baby girl! I can't believe 5 months, crazy! Soon we will be playing with dolls!! Get Excited!

BTW- thank you for the "description" from nursing, very funny to describe on your blog LOL!

Amy said...

sure thing Melissa, never want to disappoint :)

Theresa said...

First I have to say, how did I not hear that you gave her cereal!!!??? Huge milestone...I know, I know, you forgot....haha. Anyway, the last pic is my favorite-she looks so adorable, and I think she looks like you. I have to agree too with the sunshine comment...this baby NEVER fusses or cries!!! LOVE HER!!