Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Will Praise You In This Storm

One of my favorite worship songs is by Casting Crowns and contains this chorus:

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

I've learned (the hard way) lately that my help (or in this case, strength) does not come from Kenny.  It doesn't come from how effective my coffee was on my energy level that morning.  It doesn't come from obedient children or a clean house or nice weather.  Those are all good things but when I look to any of those things for strength, they will fail me every time.  It is a sweet thing to learn this and God is kind and patient with me even if the road is painful.  God truly is Unchanging, Everlasting, Full of Promises, Helper, and Friend.

I will praise Him in this storm!

3 comments:

nena_Von said...

Amy this is beautiful. I love you and I will pray for Him to build you with more strength everyday.

xo
Summer

Holly Jayamohan said...

Love this! What a great reminder that He is sufficient for all of our needs! Thank you Amy!

The Martins said...

I feel you- love ya!