Monday, June 13, 2011

The Boys' First Swim Meet!

The boys are on swim team at the Y with their cousin Jake and it has been so great, not only to see the cousins more often, but to get to see my boys enjoy something that I have very fond memories of as a kid.  The swim meet this week was 25 meters of freestyle and backstroke.  Trey was very concerned about winning and although I really wanted to say "yes!  you should want to win!"  I refrained and gave the pc answer..."just do your best" :).  They got ribbons for both events and were perfectly content just to get ribbons.  I'm waiting for the meet that Trey gets clued into what the blue ribbon means :).

Trey starting his first race



Tyson starting his first race (I love his starting position)

Because of my computer inept-ness and my lack of experience with iMovie...I can't figure out how to put the video on here but just know that it was very cute and they boys worked very hard to "do their best" :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Go Trey and Tyson! Need to get them some Speedo gear!

Amy said...

Jenn, the new Speedo looks like bike shorts...no more Euro-style teeny bikini :). However, at $30 a pop and the fact that they change their team suit every 2 years, we are sticking with trunks :)