Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Weekend Getaway!

Kenny and I had our 10 year anniversary in late October. To celebrate, we took a weekend trip to San Clemente, CA where our dear friends own a home and let us stay. Did I mention we didn't have kids with us? Wow! We haven't ever had this much time away in 6 years so it was WONDERFUL for us! We were so blessed by our sweet friends Josh and Kamille who offered to take the kids for the weekend. Wow! That's a huge task and they did it so willingly! We are blessed!
Our view from the master bedroom sitting area! Beautiful!
Kenny ordered a car to pick us up for dinner and we were both surprised when a limo showed up!
Free champagne!
We went to a Jazz and Blues club after dinner called Iva Lee's. What a fun environment!
This is in San Juan Capistrano. It's a very old place but has lots of interesting history!
Waiting for the train (not really) :)
Picture worthy - Kenny drinking from a coffee cup. Green tea, of course!

There's nothing better to me than the feeling of sand on my feet!
Happy 10th Anniversary, my love! I am so grateful for you and am amazed by God's grace in making you my husband! I love you so much!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad you both had such a great time!

Filleman Family said...

awe, so sweet. You look BEAUTIFUL going out to dinner - relaxed and carefree does wonders :) Happy Anniversary.

Cristina said...

Congratulations again and very nice pictures!

Jen said...

Great pictures...I love the 'free champagne' one! ;)

The Martins said...

Sounds like it was wonderful. And I was thinking the same thing as Michelle- you look beautiful! I think relaxed and carefree is part of it- not having someone at your ankles and 30 billion requests while you're doing your hair and makeup is definitely part of it too :) (wait, that's carefree...)

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm so glad you guys got away. You look beautiful! Congratulations on 10 years!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! Isn't San Clemente great? We celebrated our 5th anniversary there a few weeks before you! I miss that view!

Kristi said...

BEAUTIFUL! The locale was nice too. :) Congrats you two!