Monday, August 2, 2010

Trey's First Day of Kindergarten!

Really? The first day of full day school? My son? Oh yes, it is true. It's good...for him. It's hard...for me. Instead of dreading it I wanted to really be excited about it and make it fun for Trey. So! We made a special breakfast for him, banana bread and he even helped me put together his lunch. He wanted to get dressed as soon as he woke up and said all morning "I just can't wait for Kindergarten!" I could hear him talking to himself at one point in the morning and he was saying that he was going to be in K now because he is big :). He is obviously very busy processing it all in his brain. I love it. So for flashback Monday I would like to share last year's school picture - the first day at Grace Community Preschool -




and today...the first day at EAGLE College Prep Elementary School - doesn't he look so big??? I love that he posed the same way last year :).






Unfortunately, I couldn't catch his cousins in time for a photo op but Michael and Jalen are in the classroom next door and when I peaked in they were sitting next to each other. So cute! Here they are -



I'm so thankful for how this year has started out. I already see God's protection and provision in so many ways. The decisions to be made for school were long and hard but seeing how everything has worked out the way it has for our family (and so many others!) really gives me great comfort. Thank you Lord!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Big day for you all. I'm so glad he was excited. it's such a fun year; so much learning and growing. It's great to watch them grow. Any tears? :)

Anonymous said...

Glad it went so well! Such an exciting time for you.

Theresa said...

Look at you on top of the blogging! And I love how you took a pic of "Kenneth Trey's" name card--haha. Can you imagine the teacher wondering if she needed to call him Kenneth Trey all year? hahahahah....anyway, sweet pics! ANd I love that T talks to himself-so precious!

Filleman Family said...

He does look so big and I'm quite impressed with how together you had it. I can only hope . . . . - very glad that he loves school and is excited for his year.

Heidi Marie said...

So exciting! Both you and your sister had big days yesterday! He looked so happy heading off to school. oh and by the way, your blog is so cute!

The Ranter said...

So cute!

The Martins said...

Hip Hip Hooray for kindergarten! Sweetie boy- I can't believe he's there. I pray God uses this teacher, class, and school in many amazing ways in Trey's life.

Yay, Trey!

[and I'm cracking up at Theresa. You can't take the teacher out of the teacher ("Can you imagine the teacher wondering if she needed to call him Kenneth Trey all year?") So funny.]

Cristina said...

Yay for Tray! Such a big boy... I am excited for the boys to see each other ... Gabriel tells me everytime he sees Trey or Michael or Ben... he loves to see "church kids" at school... so glad for that!

Jason and Lisa said...

Way to go Trey! I'm glad his first day went well.