..that seem to wash away all the trials of the day.
Tonight when we were praying Trey began to ask me questions about "the bad men that put nails in Jesus' hands". That started a 10 minute conversation about the
crucifixion and the reason that it had to happen. There were, of
course, lots of why? questions from Trey...putting this into 3 year old
terms is not easy I'm finding out. He also wanted to know about where
Jesus was and then he informed me that he was going to build a rocket
and fly up to see Jesus. I assured him that one day those who love
Jesus will most certainly see Him. Then he asked me if the bad men
would be in heaven and I said that I wasn't sure but that people who
didn't love Him would go to a very sad place forever. His last and
final question was where would Syndrome go. Syndrome is the character
from The Incredibles that is the "evil" trying to defeat the "good." I
thought how poignant that he would ask me where he was going like he
maybe recognized that Syndrome would be someone that might not love
Jesus because he does mean things in the movie...leading me to a
realization that I need to reign in a little tighter what this very
curious and intelligent boy watches. Anyway, I am praising God tonight for
my precious conversation with one of my sons whom I desire with all my
heart to know the Lord.
Nutrient-Dense High-Calorie Shake
7 years ago
1 comment:
Praise God for moments like this. Some times those why question can really boggle our mind. I will pray for more nights like this one. What an evidence of God's grace that Trey would be asking questions at this age and that mom and dad would be prepared to tell about a wonderful savior!
Post a Comment