Sunday, February 10, 2008

All I ever wanted to know I learned in....

Kindergarten? Well, that's what the poster says. But actually mine would be from my children. I was reflecting the other day on how good God is and how much He has loved and cared for my family. I was just thinking about how God has grown me so much in 6 years of being a believer and how raising children has been one of the reasons for that growth. Ultimately as believers the Holy Spirit will convict us of sin...but kids, in an earthly way, do it too. I have never, since having kids, been so convicted of my own sin. Unfortunately, it's not something that I recognize one day and the next day it's gone forever. It takes a lot of work. But I am so thankful for children and so thankful to God for giving me these children to help point out the areas in my heart that need change. I was reading in Matthew last week and I wanted to share something that really impacted me. In Matthew 15:21-28 Jesus is pursued by a woman who needs a miracle peformed by Him. At this time many wanted a miracle by Jesus but not all were given it because they did not have true faith. This woman, who had an extraordinary amount of faith, pursued him and pursued him asking Jesus for His help. Jesus' response finally was "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire." I pray that Jesus would look upon me in the same way. Can you imagine Jesus looking at you and calling you this? How wonderful!

No comments: