Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Update on New Year, New Goals!

Kenny and I have loved watching our bodies shed weight as we implement a whole foods diet into our lives.  Naturally, it has happened way faster for Kenny - he has lost 25 pounds since mid-late April!  I can't be disappointed, though, with my own results - 15 pounds is not bad.  The eating part has been really easy.  It's the exercising that I just am unmotivated to do.  Maybe it's because exercising outside sounds less than desirable!  It's interesting...you read so much about how water intake is important in losing weight.  The professionals aren't lying - I got sick a few weeks ago and in an attempt to flush the bug out, I drank copious amounts of water.  That week I lost 4 pounds.  The following week, feeling better but seeing that water really matters, I lost another 2 pounds!  To reach my goal, I have another 40 pounds to go.  It will take longer than I wish it would most days but I'm excited that at the very least, I have an update to give! :)

5 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Way to go Amy and Kenny! Are the kiddos eating the same things? Or what are you feeding them?

Amy said...

Hi Lisa,
Yes, for the most part the kids eat what we eat. My kids are really good veg and fruit eaters anyway so this hasn't been hard for them. I will add, though, that they eat grains where we do not. So, they still eat bread, crackers and pasta.
Amy

Sarah said...

YEAH!!!! Way to go!! I'm with you on the exercise, so hard to get that worked in to my routine consistently! Praying for you on this journey!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!

The Martins said...

That's really exciting- and regardless of what the scale says, you're caring well for your body. Keep it up Amy!