Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tyson and Brooklyn's check-ups

I'm sorry to bore you with these details for those of you that read this blog but this is my record keeper...one baby book was bought...for Trey.  I have yet to fill out his 1st birthday details...sigh.  So, today we went for Tyson's 4 year check up and  Brooklyn's 2 year check up.  I prayed before we left, on the drive there, while waiting, and waiting some more.  I already knew that taking THREE kids to the Dr. was going to be interesting.  As it turned out, the waiting wasn't bad.  Tyson weighed in at 41.2 lbs, 42 1/2 inches tall (75% and 70% respectively) and Brooklyn weighted 32.2. lbs and measured in at 35 1/2 inches tall (94% and 90% respectively).  It got bad when Brooklyn received her one and only shot for the day and Tyson completely fell apart :(.  I had already prepared him that it would hurt but the sting would go away and that after he would get to pick a treat for doing a great job.  So he falls apart and the nurse and I are talking him through the first assualt...BAM...and then the second...  BAM....and then for the other arm....NO WAY was he going down without a fight.  I did my best to hold Brooklyn in my lap (that one that doesn't exist right now) and console her while trying to hold Tyson's arms.  Yah, that didn't work.  So in comes the back up.  Now we have mommy, nurse, and nurse.  I have to give it to Tyson, he is one strong boy when he is fighting.  I get it...it's scary and it hurts.  We got through that, the nurse picked up my stuff for me (so kind), I wiped the sweat off my brow and we were on our way.  WHEW!  I am never doing THAT again if it means that more than one kid is getting shots.  Crazy town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, doesn't sound fun...shots are the worse. When both boys are getting shots, I make my mom go with...you need an extra set of hands.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy! I feel for you. I've been to the dr. so often these last few months with 5 kids in a tiny room waiting for docs. Thankfully, no big kids getting shots. That would have been so much harder!